Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Girls weekend

I've got "Girls' Weekend" coming up this weekend. And I can't wait. It's a chance for me to meet up with 4 of my best friends for fun, relaxation, bonding, and support. Girls Weekend started a few years ago, with us planning to get together a couple of times a year. At the time, I don't think any of us had any clue about how important these weekends and the time together would become for us.

We met at college. It's been 12 years since the last of us graduated. In that time, we drifted apart; only natural when we all 5 live in 5 different cities in 3 different states. But there came a time when we realized that we missed each other. We missed the camaraderie and closeness of our college days. Of course, by this time, 4 of us were married and 3 had kids and life had changed dramatically for all of us. As one of us recently said, we grew apart over the years but were brought back together so we could support each other through some very tumultuous times.

The kind of friendship ours has developed into is a gift from God. And I am truly blessed to have these 4 wonderful women in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment