Saturday, June 26, 2010

15 books that will always stick with me

I'm a reader. I've been involved in a lifelong love affair with books. Last year I set a goal to read 100 books in the year. This year, I'm not keeping track, but I'm pretty sure I'll meet or exceed that number.

Last summer there was a post running around Facebook on the 15 books that will always stick with me. Here's my list:
1) Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls.
2) Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown
3) The Circus Fire by Stuart O’Nan and Circus Fire Memories, ed. by Don Massey (and other books about the Ringling Bros. Circus Fire in Harford CT in 1944)
4) The Once and Future King by T. H. White
5) Cry, The Beloved Country by Alan Paton
6) The Bible
7) Paradise Lost by John Milton
8) The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
9) Song of Albion trilogy by Stephen Lawhead
10) My Sergei by Ekaterina Gordeeva
11) Spoon River Anthology by Edgar Lee Masters
12) L’Assommoir by Emile Zola (not because i liked it but because it was powerfully written that it was actually painful to read)
13) Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
14) Are you my mother? By P.D. Eastman
15) Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak

I couldn't stop at just 15, so here a few more:
- To Kill A Mockingbird
- A Raisin in the Sun
- Roots
- Of Mice and Men
- James Herriot's All Creatures Great and Small series

No comments:

Post a Comment