Wednesday, May 2, 2012

YAWP!!!!

Had a YAWP worthy moment this evening.  I ran my first whole mile in the 8's.  8 minutes and 48 seconds, to be exact.

3 years ago when I started running, I never thought I would get fast; never thought I would progress.  But here I sit, 3 days after my second half-marathon, having just finished a run where I ran the second mile at what I once thought was an impossible, unattainable pace.

But, with persistence, hard work, sweat, and even some tears, I've made it to this point; a point I never thought I'd reach.  So, to those of you out there who think things are impossible, who think you will never progress or will never reach a certain goal, keep trying.  You will get there.  The path may be long, twisted, hard, painful, and scary, but keep at it, keep striving, keep dreaming.  You'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment