Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dirty Dog 15k Trail run

Grueling
/ˈgro͞oəliNG/
Adjective
  • Extremely tiring and demanding
  • trying or taxing to the point of exhaustion : punishing < a grueling race>.
  • exhausting; very tiring; arduously severe
  • Physically or mentally demanding to the point of exhaustion
  • complex, complicated, difficult, extreme, formidable, hard, harsh, involved, labyrinthine, obscure, onerous, opaque, operose, trying
Type the word "Grueling" into Google and the above definitions are first few things that show up.  I would add one more - the Dirty Dog 15k Trail Run.

 The race is one week from today and I'm starting to get excited about it.  I know I'm not ready for it.  I know the course will chew me up and spit me out, like it did last year (2011 DD15k race report).  But still, I can't wait to get out there and try it again. 
 
You could say I'm a glutton for punishment.  I prefer to say I'm facing a challenge head on.  Bring in on Dirty Dog, bring it on!

heading for the finish
2011 Dirty Dog 15k

 

No comments:

Post a Comment