- Extremely tiring and demanding
- trying or taxing to the point of exhaustion : punishing < a grueling race>.
- exhausting; very tiring; arduously severe
- Physically or mentally demanding to the point of exhaustion
- complex, complicated, difficult, extreme, formidable, hard, harsh, involved, labyrinthine, obscure, onerous, opaque, operose, trying
The race is one week from today and I'm starting to get excited about it. I know I'm not ready for it. I know the course will chew me up and spit me out, like it did last year (2011 DD15k race report). But still, I can't wait to get out there and try it again.
You could say I'm a glutton for punishment. I prefer to say I'm facing a challenge head on. Bring in on Dirty Dog, bring it on!