Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Monday

I hate starting my week on bad terms. Sets a bad precedent for the rest of the week. I'm going to list all the bad things that happened today and then banish them from my thoughts to make the rest of the week spectacular.

1. I overslept this morning. Or more accurately, i hit the snooze button one too many times, which put me way behind in getting ready for work. Which meant I didn't have time to pack a lunch, pack walking clothes for a lunchtime walk, or find my water bottle.

2. Running late getting out the door = running late getting to the office. (Positive point - I wasn't actually late!!)

3. No packed lunch meant I had to go out and get something. Which means fast food. Tastes good. But not what my body needed to fuel me through my run today.

4. No change of clothes meant i could out and walk in the lovely sunshiny day. Of course, since I had no food, I didn't have time anyway.

5. No water bottle meant I didn't drink enough or the right stuff. Again, not what my body needed to fuel me through my run.

6. Hot, muggy weather + bad food + not enough water = sick, tired, blah run. So much for 6 miles; I got in 2.3 and decided I'd make up the rest tomorrow.

Because tomorrow, I will
1. Get up on time
2. Not run late getting to work
3. Pack a healthy lunch
4. Remember my workout clothes, so I can enjoy a lunch time walk and some time out of the office in the fresh air.
5. Remember my water bottle so I can adequately hydrate
6. Run later and not let negative thoughts (or anything else) slow me down!

No comments:

Post a Comment