Saturday, October 1, 2011

Komen 3-day Walk for A Cure

In August of 2012, I’ll be participating in a very special event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure®.

I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. Net proceeds from the 3-Day for the Cure are invested in community-based breast health programs and breast cancer research. The research funded focuses on decreasing breast cancer incidence and mortality in the next decade.

I've agreed to raise at least $2,300 in donations. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation or sponsoring me. As most of you probably know, I’m a runner and I already put in a lot of miles. I run about 100 to 125 miles a month (sometimes less, sometimes more). I’m looking for people who are willing to sponsor my monthly miles by donating $1 (or any amount) for every mile I walk or run in each month between November 2011 and June 2012. I keep an accurate record of all miles I run/walk using DailyMile.com (my profile is here: http://www.dailymile.com/people/MelissaF13#ref=tophd)

If you would like to sponsor a month (or two, or three), let me know via email (mkfuentes1 at gmail.com) or through this blog. At the end of the month you choose, I’ll let you know how many miles I completed in that month. You can make your donation online at The3Day.org (http://www.the3day.org/goto/mkfuentes1). Or I can provide you with a donation form for you to mail to the address on the form. You can also call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone.

Several women in my family have fought this disease; some won the battle, one did not. I walk because I can; I walk for those who aren't able. I walk to help in the fight.

Without a cure, one person will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the United States. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment