Saturday, March 9, 2019

Day 2 - 2019 mother-daughter runDisney adventure - Animal Kingdom

Saturday morning we headed off to Animal Kingdom.  We had a special birthday surprise for the littlest member of the family in the works, so our first stop was at the Adventurer’s Outpost to meet Mickey and Minnie

I’d only been to the Outpost one time, so I wasn’t entirely sure where in the park it is. I assumed that, since Mickey and Minnie were in safari outfits, they were in Africa. So that’s the way we headed. And found out I was wrong (they’re closer to Asia). With that slight detour, and some Tree of Life selfies, we found the Mouse’s.




We had time to kill before our safari Fast Pass, so we did what we do best.  We went shopping -  Disney gift shops are always fun. Especially when they have gigantic, colorful birds wandering around outside.


And slightly smaller, but equally colorful, birds flying over head.

 

After all that excitement, the safari was rather uneventful. Which doesn’t mean it wasn’t fun, but the animals were mostly chilling (or attempting to chill) in the shady spots.


 Our  safari complete, we hit the Festival of the Lion King show (if I had seen this show as a child, I’m pretty sure I would have wanted to be a tumble monkey when I grew up), and went in search of the tigers in Asia (like the safari animals, they were snoozin’ in the shade).


With that, our walk on the wild side was done.  Despite multiple cast members telling us where we could find Pocahontas (because I was wearing a Pocahontas-themed shirt), we never actually made it over to her neck of the wooods. I’m kind of regretting that now, but at the time felt it was better to call it a day.  I had a ridiculously early wake up call/alarm coming the next morning






No comments:

Post a Comment