Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Obligatory Things I'm Thankful For Post

It's that time, that day, when it seems everybody everywhere is making a public declaration of what they're thankful for.  It's Thanksgiving, it's what you do.  Personally, I'm thankful for a whole lot of things every day of the year, but my thanks giving is usually silent, private, and personal - a prayer here, a thought there.  Or it may come in the form of a smile or a nod, a pat on the back, a hug, a wave.

Here's a list in no particular order of some of the things I'm thankful for this day and every day:
  • a roof over my head
  • warm fuzzy blankets to curl up on the couch under
  • a good pair of running shoes
  • books and the written word
  • a loving family
  • my husband and all the little ways he shows he loves me (McD's sweet tea in the fridge when I get home from work being just one of the many)
  • my furry four-legged "child" - my fuzzy shadow,  my constant companion
  • my best friends
  • all the people in this world who do all of the not-so-little things we often take for granted - those who grow and raise the food we eat, who make our clothes, who keep us entertained, who keep us safe from harm, who heal our hurts and calm our fears. For those who teach, and those who lead.  For those who work to keep our lights on, to keep our homes warm, to keep our roads safe.
  • And for the countless others I've forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment