Sunday, September 25, 2011

Random thoughts for today

1. Been home from the beach for a week, and missing it dreadfully... It was a super awesome, relaxing week. Normally we go to Myrtle, but the past couple of years, we've tried different spots (Virginia Beach last year got a bunch of thumbs down); This year we went to the Outer Banks and absolutely loved it. Great beach, great house (with an awesome pool), great weather, just great everything. (plug for Village Realty (www.villagerealtyobx.com)- if you're going to the OBX, use them for your rental - they go above & beyond.)

2. I'm 6 weeks away from my first half marathon. Training is going well. Ran my first double digit run in a long long time yesterday, and it was awesome. Implementing a structured run/walk interval plan really helps out. Totally ready for the next week of training. Right now, my goal is to finish in 2.5 hours. That means I have to run 11.5 minutes per mile. I think it's doable. We shall see as training progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment